02 July 2014

Mila Jane: 2 Month Milestones


If you read this blog three years ago, you may remember that I posted monthly milestones for Lucy. (You can catch up on all those here.) I decided I wanted to do the same for Mila, more for myself than anything else as I like to look back and see how my girls have grown and progressed. 


Our poor girl was just getting over a week long heat rash when these photos were taken, hence the red cheeks. 

  • 10lb, 6oz, 23.5"
  • Nurses every 3 hours, breastmilk only
  • Sleep 6-7 hours each night, usually 10pm-4am. Eats and goes right back to sleep until 6 or 7am. 
  • Smiles all the time when you talk/sing/interact with her.
  • We tried the bumbo for the first time recently, she tolerates it but isn't quite ready.
  • Has great head/neck control when being held upright. Tolerates tummy time for a short period of time.
  • I've caught a handful of giggles, can't wait for more.
  • Focuses on faces as well as some of her interactive toys and bug mat.
  • Starting to try to vocalize and 'talk' to us.



I adore this photo. Mila has the same smile Lucy did at that age. 

For those of you wondering, Lucy has been adjusting so well to having a little sister. She adores Mila and constantly talks to her, holds her hand, etc. She still refuses to hold her or kiss her, but she won't hesitate to snuggle her on the floor and whisper 'I love you' into Mila's ear. Lucy actually asks me to hug them both when they are snuggling on the floor, telling me 'come snuggle your girls. Hug us both, mommy.' 

I couldn't ask for anything more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment